Thursday, 15 May 2014

2.How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media product focuses on one particular social group from the age of 15-21; which are the social group "townies". I done this by considering mise-en-scene and camera angles. in order to approach my audience I had to consider language so I approached them in the language that they would understand. I gave my magazine a more urban street name "FLEXIN" this would grab my audience attention as they can relate on the language. I also had to think about the mode of address. I used slang. because my target audience speak in these manners it was only appropriate for me to write like that.
I have represented social groups through mise-en-scene .Because my target audience are aged 15/21 I had to consider the things that they will wear, colours and font and many more. I used models that will be ideal for the reader such as people roughly around their age.
 The social groups " townies" comes across as having attitude which makes them seem more important then most people. I showed this by using a high angle shot which shows his power and importance.
However I also had to consider about the people that don't so it's a balanced formal and informal.working urban social group. From the age of 15 to 21. It focus on to all range of class such as middle class and lower class. .
I targeted them by using females as my contents page. I also targeted them by making my idol reader a female. My magazine also represents both genders as the front cover has a young female holding a light bulb.


Ethnicity is more baised on black Africans through my model. My magazine consists models from different type of back grounds such as black Caribbean and black African.

No comments:

Post a Comment